Friday 17 March 2023

"TO BE SURE, TO BE SURE" *

 * Well, it is St Patrick's Day.

I try to do an hour or more exercise on the rowing machine and exercise bike each day. To help the time go by I watch TV - usually game shows like The Chase and Tipping Point. In the afternoon the programmers and advertisers have worked out that their main audience is O.A.P.s like me so they advertise accordingly - funeral plans, retirement living, 'only on tv' crap and life insurance.

It's the funeral insurance and life insurance ones that bug me even more than those annoying and long 'call now' ads for overpriced junk. I've written about these before: HERE

There's one particularly odious ad by One Choice Insurance that has a hyperactive bint approaching a woman with her child at a swimming pool and scaring the bejesus out of her by saying that if she drowned was her child protected. WTF!


Well I think these bastards need to be regulated but its nothing new. Here's a really funny audio clip from 1960 with Tony Hancock and Sid James talking insurance:


Listen to this from about 9:50 to about 16:30 - you won't be disappointed.



3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I like the token reference to St Patrick.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I wonder if RBB has played an Irish tune on St Patrick's day at a gig?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Maybe this one?

https://youtu.be/89NjEeHku8o