Sunday 5 March 2023

HERE WE GO AGAIN.

 I've been upsetting Facebook 'Neighbourly' people again.

Sorry, I can't help it. Richard's been AWOL and Robert isn't rising to the bait the way he used to. I don't have any little sisters close at hand to annoy and no longer have a cat to poke with a stick. In the words of Tony Soprano - "What are you gonna do?".


A comment from a 'Neighbourly' contributor got up my nose yesterday. This guy said, after another contributor posted an old photograph of her father who was killed in WW2:


I immediately replied:


OK. This unleashed a fury of comments from a whole lot of idiots. Here's an example along with my reply:


It might be helpful to say here that I was commenting as Michael Hammerich.

Things got worse:


And,


And then someone else weighed in:


I then added a clip from Curb Your enthusiasm to reinforce my argument.



At this stage I thought that I should give poor old Michael Hammerich some support so posted this as me:


As you can see the grumpy guts Brown wasn't having a bar of it.


This could be on-going which is fine by me. It reminds me of when I upset a lot of American wowsers  last year when I criticised how the non-alcoholic 'spirits' marketers were taking consumers for a ride by over-pricing because they had a vulnerable and captive market (alcoholics).

It's not quite up there with Riccardo Tessore's baiting of poor old Ken of Ken's Bass Corner (or something) but ... early beginnings eh?






6 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I like the cartoon, it could just as well have said "blogging".
Another American phrase that grates on my nerves is "Thank You
for taking my call" by callers to chat shows like Catholic Answers. Just get on with your question I always think.
Of course "happy holidays" remains the most inane and a slur to the religious festival of Christmas.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I agree.

Richard (of RBB) said...

What a naughty boy you are! Did you learn nothing from your time in the WSCPCS?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Is WSCPCS like LGBTQIA?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No.