Monday 20 March 2023

HERE WE GO AGAIN



 Yes, what I feared is soon to happen - kitchen alterations.

You will remember that I posted on this a couple of years ago. If not, here's a link to the post: NEW KITCHEN

I thought that I'd managed to defer this plan, having dropped subtle hints at the silliness of overcapitalisation if, in the future we sell the house and downsize to a smaller and more manageable one.

No such luck.

Yesterday The Old Girl brought it up again when we were sitting in the kitchen.

We must stop sitting in the kitchen.

I'm not that much against the idea of altering the kitchen, especially now that there's a looming global financial crisis and money in the bank is at risk anyway. Also, The Old Girl's Kiwi Saver funds are not increasing and probably going backwards so she wants to cash them in. This will more than pay for a decent new kitchen and appliances.

No, that's not the problem.

The problem, to me is the hassle and disruption that will be caused by having builders, plumbers, electricians and Uncle Tom Cobley stomping around for weeks making noise dust and mess.

"Let's rip out that wall - we can make more noise, dust and mess that way."

I know that it took ages getting the new kitchen French doors installed so fear that a total kitchen renovation could drag on for months,

No doubt The Old Girl will want to coincide this with her sojourn in Christchurch this year (3 months from May to August) leaving me with Old Tom and his mates.


I'm glad that we  didn't remove the smaller kitchen at the other end of the house now.





4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Here is my advice. Women are like finches; they are naturally ordered to building a nest and caring for offspring. Your job is to slowly convince her that there are things of a higher order.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sounds like it's all happening up north. Please try to keep your blogging up to date.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Robert the many things just beat me with that comment.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Your job is to slowly convince her that there are things of a higher order."

Like the ceiling you mean? Perhaps you're right. I have been meaning to get new lights installed in the kitchen, Thanks Robert.